Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thing #2 - Library 2.0

It's 9:30pm and I just finished watching the Stepen Abrams video and reading the various articles. Where will we find the time? I am convinced that we will never find the time we need - we have to make the time. I know my school days are already filled and if I want to do this, it will be at night. So be it - guess I'll have to pass on a few rounds of solitaire. Why do I want to do it? Grow or die, that's why. If we don't keep learning and changing with the world, we might as well call it quits. I'm not ready to do that. Besides, I'd like to be half as smart as my children! I'm looking forward to learning about some of the tools that they've been happily making use of.
John Blyberg said we need to make our libraries relative to what people want and need in their daily lives - we need to be more interative. Does this change my mission? I don't think so, but it will surely change the way I go about accomplishing that mission.

No comments: