Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thing # 27 - Twitter

I think it took me 3 hours to read through all the links that were listed for this Thing! I've bookmarked some of the sites, and printed off some of the articles. After watching Perry Belcher's youtube video (which was very helpful) I couldn't resist watching "How Twitter Ruined My Life" - I laughed so hard I cried! It's a good example of how not to use Twitter.


I set up an account, played around with design (not very successfully, I might add), invited some friends to sign up for Twitter accounts, did some Tweeting. So far, I have a hard time picturing myself using this, especially since I don't enjoy texting on my phone. If I add a tool that lets me Tweet directly from my browser, maybe... I don't know. I will try to remember to be social, show some personality, add value/content, ask questions, etc. I didn't see much use for Facebook when I first started with that last winter, and now I go to it several times a week. Maybe Twitter will grow on me, too. BTW, if you're looking for me on Twitter, my username is sillyp. :-)

No comments: