Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing #23 - Final Thoughts

Wow! I feel supercharged!! This was the best continuing ed experience ever. When I began this project, I wasn't really sure what Library 2.0 even was. I have learned so much. What were my favorite things? It was hard to pick just three (for the survey) - I enjoyed setting up my blog, I especially liked learning about Flickr and all the fun things I can do with photos (that included several Things), and I love LibraryThing. Those were my favorites. What really surprised me was that I actually managed to complete all of the Things before the deadline - there were times when I wondered how I'd get it all done. I'm looking forward to repurposing my blog for my school library media center next year, and I like the idea about adding my blog's URL to my e-mail signature. There were times during this project when I became frustrated because things weren't working they way they were supposed to. The newletters helped, also the comments from other participants, but it would have been nice to have had the original Thing ammended once we realized there was a problem, rather than having to wait to read the newsletters. But, hey, I managed to figure lots of stuff out all by myself, and that's part of the magic. This was an experience that, if I were to describe it in one word, was EMPOWERING. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congrats on finishing all 23. Sounds like a great experience for you. Watch for more later in the year. In the meantime, keep using the Things and learning more!