Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing #11 - Tagging & De.li.cious

This is something I started last year, but never really did much with it. I work part-time at school and part-time at the public library, and I always thought it would be great to be able to have ALL of my bookmarks at each workplace - and this is great for that. I have added just a few bookmarks so far, but hope to get lots more included soon. I've tagged a few of my blog entries. And I can see where it becomes really important to tag photos on Flickr. I explored the Minn23 De.li.cious account and discovered a great new game: Babble. This is the fun part of social bookmarking - you start off looking at one thing and it leads to to something completely new or different
At my school library, I have bookmarks on my homepage, but I've tried to be careful about limiting the number so that students don't have to scroll to see them. This would certainly be a great way for me to lead them to many more good sites. I looked at the public libraries' pages and found it interesting that Menasha Pub. Lib. has theirs organized by subject and the San Mateo Library actually organizes them by Dewey numbers; the Seldovia Library simply arranges them in an alphabetical list. So much to think about! Hmm.

No comments: