Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing #13 - Online Productivity Tools

After playing around in iGoogle, PageFlakes, and MyYahoo, I decided to go with iGoogle. I like the simplicity of its look. Even though I have a Yahoo e-mail account, I found the ads really distracting! Google is so much more peaceful. :-)
I added a few widgets: I have the calendar and Google Reader on my home page. I will use this at home, but not at work. When I'm at school, I use the school's Web site as my home page. When I'm at the public library, the LARL Website is our home page. I signed up for the Ta-Da List and created my first list - I don't know how much I'll actually use this, but if you're into making lists, I guess this would be a good tool. I took a look at the Backpack - that was very cool, especially to use with coworkers. We already have intranets at my workplaces, but I was impressed with the Backpack. Zamzar looks like a great tool - there sure have been times when I could have used this but didn't know about it. I'm glad I know now. Of course, the free version is pretty limited, but I think it would have worked for me on those occasions when I needed it. I looked at Sticky Notes - that's not for me. I also tried to add the countdown widget to this blog but each time I tried it got an illegal operation message. I'll try again on another computer...

No comments: